FAQ's Frequently Asked Questions | Canadian College

Frequently Asked Questions

add_circle What is the application process?

  1. Choose a program
    Check the program information on the Canadian College website. Each program page includes admission requirements, program length, start dates and course descriptions.
  2. Submit your application
    Submit the Online Application Form on our website and an email from Canadian College with further instructions.
  3. Submit your documents
    Once the online application is submitted, we will email you the list of required documents you must submit. Please reply to the email and attach the documents.
  4. Make the initial payment
    If you meet the admission requirements and your application is approved, Canadian College will send you an offer with fees information. Please process the initial payment following the payment instructions.
  5. Receive a Letter of Acceptance and apply for Study Permit
    Once you make the deposit payment, you will receive a letter of acceptance. If there is a work component included in your program we will also issue a co-op letter, which must be submitted with the Letter of Acceptance when you apply for a study permit.
  6. Study permit approval and start your program
    As soon as you receive an approval letter for your study permit, please send us a copy. We will finalize your enrolment in our system and send further information for you to start your program. Let us know if you need assistance with accommodation and medical insurance.

add_circle What documents are required?

For most applicants, the following documents are required. You can email us a scanned copy of:

  1. Passport
  2. High school and/or college transcript and graduation certificate
  3. IELTS or TOEFL or take the Online Assessment Test.

add_circle What language requirements must be met by international students?

You can find all the requirements under the programs section. If you do not have an IELTS or TOEFL score, you can take our Online Assessment Test.

add_circle I completed my secondary or post-secondary studies in English, will I be exempt from providing English proficiency results?

If you completed a high school or a post-secondary program in a country where the first language is English, you will likely be exempt from providing English Language proficiency results. Please contact us to confirm.

add_circle Will you accept other test results to prove my English language proficiency?

We accept the following English language proficiency test results: Canadian College English Placement test (Smrt English Online test), IELTS, TOEFL iBT, CAEL, Duolingo and Eiken. If you have another test score, please contact us.

add_circle When should I apply? Is there an application deadline?

We recommend you apply as far in advance as possible, because we register students on a "first come, first served" basis. This will also give you enough time to make the necessary arrangements to come and study with us (e.g., obtain permits or visas).

add_circle What type of visa do I need?

Students from most countries can obtain a visitor visa or eTA which allows them to stay in Canada for up to 6 months. Students who wish to study longer than 6 months must obtain a study permit. To get official information on getting a study or work permit for Canada.

add_circle How long does it take to get a Study Permit?

Although processing times can vary from country to country, you should allow at least 3 months to obtain your study permit. Please check the link for the processing times.

add_circle Is Canadian College a Designated Learning Institution?

Yes. Canadian College DLI number is O19352621432.

add_circle What are the tuition and other fees?

Please check the fees list and fee calculator on our website. Feel free to contact us and ask for a quote as well. We sometimes offer promotional fees for students from specific countries or regions.

add_circle How do I pay my program tuition and other fees?

Once your application has been approved, we will send you an offer with payment instructions.

add_circle Will I need medical insurance before my arrival?

All Canadian College students must have medical insurance. We recommend students purchase private insurance to cover the first 3 months as there is a 3-month waiting period to receive a public health insurance plan (MSP). You can purchase a private medical insurance through Canadian College or arrange one by yourself or through your agency.

add_circle Should I apply for MSP? How can I apply?

If you are staying in Canada longer than six months, you should apply for MSP, the BC-government run public health insurance plan, as soon as you arrive in Canada. How to apply for MSP:

add_circle What if I want to cancel my registration or withdraw from my program?

Please check the complete information about our withdrawal and refund policies:

add_circle Is it possible to change my program?

It will depend on the timing and the programs. Please contact us and seek advice first.

add_circle How do I request a deferral?

Please contact us by email, explain your situation and request a deferral.

add_circle What if I don't get my study permit in time for the program start date?

We can defer your program to the next intake. Please contact us and discuss the best solution.

add_circle How can I receive my refund?

If your visa is denied and you will not reapply, please contact us and provide your refusal letter. We will send you the refund request form for you to fill out. The refund will be processed within 30 business days and processed in the same method of payment that is used for the deposit payment.

add_circle Do you provide accommodation options?

Yes. You can choose from school residence or homestay. Please check the accommodation section and fees section of our website for more information.

add_circle How does the Canadian College help students to find a job in Canada?

Please note that Co-op jobs are not arranged or guaranteed by the school and each student is responsible for applying for jobs. However, most of our students are very successful in finding jobs with the assistance of our on-site Career Advisors. Regular free workshops (Resume & Cover letter & Interview skills) and individual counseling are available for students looking for a job.

add_circle Is there any age limit to study at Canadian College?

Minimum 18 years old.

add_circle How can I get a copy of my transcript/certificate from Canadian College?

All academic transcripts are confidential and can only be released upon request from a current student or alumnus. If you are an alumnus or a current student, please email the Student Services team.

Tanyakan kepada ahli nya

Kontak Shoji untuk membantu merencanakannya.